Disclaimer – Protection Of Personal Information – POPI Act
Find My Fibre would like to welcome you to our website.
By viewing or using this website you hereby acknowledge that you have read and accept the following Protection of Personal Information (POPI) disclaimer.
Find My Fibre shall take all reasonable measures to protect the personal information of users and for the purpose of this disclaimer “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, Act 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”) and the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
The PAIA and POPI Acts are available online at www.gov.za/documents/acts.
The Reasons for Collection of Personal Information
- To render customer related services and administration of customer accounts;
- To conduct criminal, credit, reference and other related reference checks
- To authenticate the customer;
- To provide the customer with information which Find My Fibre believes may be of interest to the customer, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Find My Fibre is involved or has decided to lend its support.
Supplier and Third Party Contractor/Service Provider Information
- To secure the products and services of the supplier/service provider or contractor as part of Find My Fibre’s product and service offering;
- To manage the Find My Fibre supply chain and relationship with the supplier and/or contractor for any purposes required by law by virtue of the relationship between the supplier and Find My Fibre
- To render services relating to the administration of supplier supplier/service provider or contractor accounts;
- To provide the supplier/service provider or contractor with information which Find My Fibre believes may be of interest, such as information relating to public awareness campaigns and matters of general public interest in which Find My Fibre is involved or has decided to lend its support.
Sources of Personal Information
Personal information may be collected from the following sources:
- Directly from the person when he/she applies for any Find My Fibre related products or services, submits form requests or transactions, uses our website or makes use of any of the Find My Fibre services;
- From public registrars, credit bureaus, law enforcement agencies and any other organisation from which Find My Fibre may acquire your information;
- From people and entities employed by Find My Fibre to provide services to Find My Fibre which may be legally entitled to provide Find My Fibre with personal information.
The Storage of Personal Information
All personal information collected by Find My Fibre will be stored as follows:
- In a secure and safe manner according to strict information security principles with safeguards to ensure privacy and confidentiality;
- For no longer than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was collected unless further retention is:
- Required by law or contractual obligation;
- Otherwise reasonably required by Find My Fibre for lawful purposes related to its
- functions and activities;
- Retained further with the person’s consent.
- After which the information will be de-identified and disposed of using the appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures.
Sharing of Personal Information
- To the divisions and entities in the Find My Fibre Group, including directors, employees, contractors, agents, auditors, legal and other professional advisors who are authorised to process this information;
- To financial and government organisations who may request information from Find My Fibre, in which case the data subject will be notified in advance; the provision of such information, including banks, governmental, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement bodies including the South African Revenue services and the National Credit Regulator;
- To persons employed by Find My Fibre to provide services on our behalf and that adhere to principles similar to Find My Fibre regarding the treatment of personal information;
- To any person to whom Find My Fibre cede, delegate, transfer or assign any of our rights or obligations pertaining to products and/or services provided to the person or contracts concluded with the person;
- To any person who acts as legal guardian, executor of an estate, curator or in a similar capacity;
- To any person or persons who may be permitted by applicable law or that you may consent to, including persons or entities who may request such information to evaluate the credit worthiness of the person.
Your Rights regarding your Personal Information
A data subject (employee, contractor, supplier and/or customer) has the following rights to his/her personal information collected, processed and stored by Find My Fibre:
- Right of access to and the right to rectify or update the personal information collected;
- The right to object at any time to the processing of the personal information in which event the consequences of the objection will be explained to the data subject.
- The right to request Find My Fibre to no longer process the personal information of the data subject should the information not be required for further processing or by law.
General Conditions pertaining to Personal Information
Find My Fibre accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage (whether direct, indirect, special or consequential) and/or expenses of any nature whatsoever which may arise as a result of, or which may be attributable directly or indirectly from information made available on these pages or links, or actions or transaction resulting therefrom.
The Laws of the Republic of South Africa will govern all terms and conditions of any products and services contained in these pages. Should you request products or services through the Find My Fibre Website you hereby consent and submit to the jurisdiction of the South African courts in regard to all proceedings, actions, applications or the like instituted by each party against the other, and in any way arising from any stated terms and conditions.
For further information, please contact email@example.com